Skip to main content

day off and the weather was s*&^t. how perfect is that





Hiya wonderful world.. I am at work after 12.5 hours of slow times.. Business is not very good when nobody shops well not exactly nobody but very few people and the weather is a big factor for the clientele here at the lagoon..

Anyway I did my laundry yesterday.. big day of domestic work.. .. wow talk about terrific news I am providing you .. Yeah I know pretty boring stuff well.. sorry folks..
OK here is not a boring episode.. I have been living in a room with only ladies for over one month and a half.. a six berth room.. three sets of kids bunk beds.. well that was room 52 ,, I quite enjoyed that room . because I was the longest resident and it was basically my room . the elder of the bunch, but then . a large group of Americans came to the Backpackers for a two night sleep over heading to Cape Tribulation .. well, I was relocated.. that wasn't so bad but this is where it gets interesting .. I had to live right next to the front door, luckily on the bottom bunk.. this was alright.. and then some girls moved out so . i took a back wall bed with a side table.. very helpful for my books and water bottle among the plethora of other things stacked upon it.. well....... Late about 8 pm I was entering the room from working a long 12 hour day and usually i just come home and grab a shower and then hang out, well this night was very different.. I opened the door and there we 4 very large cockroaches starring at me .. so I thought oh well just some cockroaches and proceeded further into MY room when all the sudden it appeared as if a black carpet with eyes was marching straight for me and then I started to freak out.. I was alarmed at how many there were.. no I am not talking 5 or even 10 I am talking at least 30 and then they started climbing the frigging walls .... at this point i was fully versed in yelling for help and screaming at the silly cockroaches I threatened them with a positive relocation plan that would leave them alive but .. just out side. and when I started relocating them out side more found there way in .. finally after 43 minutes of hell I went to get night watch and had him bring a few cans of horrible asthma-creating spray- in-humans and not so effective bug killer to the room, as well as big brooms and dust pans.. they couldn't believe the infestation .. And Frankly .. I hadn't seem one and then ALL THE SUDDEN The gates of hell open and viola they were out in full force.. like a crazy nightmare movie scene. Any way .. I was so stirred up and grossed out . that of course i was relocated into a boys dorm room . by the way a MUCH NICER ROOM... shit had I know that the co-ed and boys dorms were that nice I would have been staying in on the whole time I just figured girls would be cleaner and blah blah I was wrong.. the human race is full of pigs.. but any way . Now I am in room 16 and it is terrific..


OK then that is well . enough for one crazy story .. take real good care. and oh by the way /./ remember the expression when you were a child "Sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite"? well THERE ARE actually bed bugs and they are terrible and the fill up on your blood all night while you sleep like tics and then appear to be red in color. oh they are so gross.. lucky for me I haven't had the experience of dealing with them but at the other hostel I was at.. yep they were present and discus~ting.. so ... yes there really are bed bugs and yeah cockroaches really can charge at you and form a team against you . and yes I am having fun still.. lots of laughs and love Mel

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, Missy,
Just read your blog and laughing so hard I am crying. It is a great relief. Now I know what to get you for X-Mas or a welcome home gift. A cockroach farm for your very own. Love you, Aunt Vicki
Anonymous said…
Hey, Melissa,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the local fauna; those warmer climates sure do bring out the big bugs! I bumped into Roland the other day and he told me about your journeys, and I'm looking forward to following along. Stop by when you're back in Portland and say hi.

Cheers,

Jim (Carmin; of the John Wilson Room blah blah...)
Peggy M said…
Ms Melissa -- was that a Halloween Story and you are pulling our legs???

Your description was so vivid that I hope never to encounter a similar herd of the buggers.

Just curious!

Peggy

Popular posts from this blog

another day in the life of the sober girl

Yes, I am alright but My scratches and bruising is funny . oh well. I am delighted evermore. today I went to Moon village its a tiny spot Here I Pai that Is featuring a kind of hippie gathering .. the intent is the same but the people are ethnically Asean. Lots Of Japanese, Thai, Hong Kong, and then the old traditional whites.. from where ever they are from.. No worries or derogatory remarks just objective commenting. any way . the festival for which I am liking thus far had a special group guided mediation today .. Yes I was there and ready to meditate,, the premise was to alleviate ones suffering through vocalization of proper requests that facilitate a deeper connection to the radiant positive things in ones life thereby filling up the voided spaces with only good and harmony whilst outcasting and removing the negative .. sound terrific right.. good.. Well I was hoping it would be.. and The narrator was great and the SPACE WAS LOVELY AND THE RIVER RUSHING GENTLY BEHIND ME WAS SUP

Information storage device; LOST

Great grand world. I love backing up and storing files on my usb sticks, and I was super productive last week saving tests and points and files to my new sticks but now seems they have gone away, walked away , disappeared. cant be so but;;;; Cant fine them, must have them today now yesterday and now i am in the ringer. holy ship wreak batman. im in a Dozzie . I looked hi and lo and there and here but I just cant find them anyway. what a tisk, daunting task; to reproduce all that work. Godverdome! take care.

From Ernakulam TO Orissa

Hallo~ as they say it here. I am Happy I bought My train Ticket to go North... I am stopping at Bhubanashwar, I spelled It wrondi am sure but the ticket is correct.. I will be leaving in February and Staying away for one month, I am happy to be going north, I am looking forward to a change of place and scenery and climate.. Oh boy the cold weather awaits me again.. it is 1 degree, Yep that's right.. only one degree.. burrrr considering i have been staying in 85- 100 degree southern India. I need some sweaters.. no worries i have layers to bundle up with.. going for now until then.. love auntie